Here is what we do know based on science based evidence...
Celery contains high levels of vitamin K and good amounts of vitamin A, vitamins B-2 and B-6, and vitamin C. Celery is also a good source of the following nutrients:
The celery plant and its seeds both contain chemicals that nutritionists call phytonutrients. These chemicals have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Celery is also low in calories and sugar, making it a popular choice for a quick and healthful snack.
Registered Dietitian, Emma Rueth, MS, RDN, LDN has this to say...
It’s Packed with Vitamins
Rueth says like any fruit or vegetable juice, health benefits of celery juice come from the micronutrient-content that’s concentrated by juicing celery or any type of produce.
“Celery is a good source of vitamin K, folate and potassium, so juicing large amounts may act like a multivitamin drink,” Rueth says.
She adds that drinking juiced vegetables instead of eating whole produce offers more vitamins and minerals due to the decreased fiber content.
“One bunch of celery may be too filling to consume at once. However, if juicing that bunch only produces 8 ounces of juice, you could easily consume that amount of liquid in one sitting.”
(Based on Anthony William’s recommendation, you would need to juice at least two bunches of celery to make 16 ounces.)
Celery Isn’t Superior to Other Veggies
William believes celery juice increases and strengthens bile, restores the central nervous system and removes old toxins and poisons from the liver. However, Rueth says there is no specific healing-benefit celery has over other types of vegetables.
“Choose a wide variety of vegetables and fruits to consume during your week to receive the different vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy.”
And while Anthony William aka. Medical Medium has no medical background here is what he has to say about the healing powers of celery juice:
1. Critical for chronic acid reflux Acid reflux means 3 things are happening: low hydrochloric acid production, unproductive bacteria such as strep and e. Coli & a weakened liver. Celery juice helps improve these.
2. Fights autoimmune disease Pathogens are the true cause of the inflammation that’s mistakenly considered autoimmune. Celery juice’s undiscovered sodium cluster salts can break down & flush out these pathogens.
3. Helps restore adrenals The undiscovered sodium cluster salts in celery juice help keep your adrenals stable & functioning.
4. Contains undiscovered sodium cluster salts that reverse illness Celery juice’s undiscovered sodium cluster salts act together as an antiseptic. When they make contact with viruses & bacteria—troublemakers responsible for chronic illness—the salts begin to break down the pathogens’ cell membranes, eventually destroying them.
5. Neutralizes & flushes toxins out of the liver Celery juice’s sodium cluster salts bind onto neurotoxins, dermatoxins, & other viral waste, as well as troublemakers, & draw them out of the liver.
6. Helps eradicate strep bacteria Strep is responsible for many conditions, like acne, UTIs, SIBO, yeast infections, & more. Celery juice helps destroy strep.
7. Kills Epstein-Barr & Shingles viruses The white blood cells of the liver’s personalized immune system add the cluster salts to their cell membrane coatings, making them toxic to viruses.
8. Brings down toxic liver heat Celery juice purges a sluggish liver while bringing down liver heat.
9. Powerful weapon against SIBO & bloating Celery juice is a powerful stomach acid replenisher so that gastric juices can kill strep, which causes SIBO. It also breaks down rotting protein & rancid fats in the stomach & small intestinal tract, helping bloating.
10. Repairs hydrochloric acid & liver bile production Celery juice strengthens hydrochloric acid & bile production & strengthens the liver, which then allows for better bile production.
"I can assure you that celery juice is not a trend. It’s a godsend with staying power. More people than ever before in history are dealing with chronic conditions and mysterious symptoms. And with celery juice they are healing and getting better. Celery juice, when consumed in the way I recommend, actually works, and that’s the reason the global celery juice movement is organically growing so rapidly. People are witnessing the healing power of celery juice for themselves and sharing about it, but it’s still important to dispel the misinformation and know the truth about celery juice so that you and your loved ones are not waylaid by the rumors and myths out there and robbed of your right to use celery juice as a healing tool." -Anthony William aka. Medical Medium