Boosting Your Immune System
If there was ever a time to support our immune system this would definitely be it. It's bad enough that we're in the midst of cold and flu season but now you throw corona virus in the mix and it's definitely something to be cautious about.
But if you really think about it- the flu, corona virus, epstein-barr virus, stomach virus, measles- they all have something in common: they're all viral infections. Sure they might differ in symptom severity but how a virus affects you is really dependent upon a person's state of health and if they have a strong immune system or a weakened immune system.
So while theses viruses may all differ in symptoms and symptom severity, when it comes to treating them it's really all the same. No matter who you are or how old you are, it's our immune system that's on the front line fighting these viruses back. So your focus should always be to support your immune system all year round so that if/when a viral infection hits you, your body is prepared to fight that virus.
Anything you can do to reduce your body’s toxic load and support it in getting rid of toxins can help to support a healthy immune system.
Some tips to support a healthy immune system:
1. Eat a healthy diet. Aim for an organic diet—with lean, grass-fed animal protein, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. Avoid GMO foods, packaged processed foods, and hybridized foods like wheat.
2. It' impossible to get all the nutrients we need through food so that's why supplementation is key, but always consult with your doctor. Here are some herbs, vitamins, and minerals that best support your immune system:
A high quality multivitamin
A high quality probiotic to support gut health
3. De-Stress! Many of us can benefit from reducing the stress in our daily lives. Practicing stress-relieving techniques (whether meditation or anything else you enjoy) is a good idea for everyone.
4. Rest! This is so important. Rest as much as possible because your body is working hard to fight that infection.
5. Make sure to stay hydrated. Getting plenty of fluids thins your mucus and breaks up congestion. It also prevents the headaches and fatigue that dehydration causes.
It can be daunting to try and figure out which herbs to supplement with because your options may seem endless. But if your looking for a good, clean, non GMO antiviral support supplement you can find one here.